Smoked trout salad and buttered potatoesPosted: August 14, 2010
The smoked trout with cucumber and dill salad’s recipe was found on Channel 4. It was just one these unusual circumstances where the ingredients you have are actually the same the ones the recipe asks for.
Smoked trout salad and buttered potatoes
- 1 cucumber
- small bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of caster sugar – regular sugar will do.
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar – I used Jerez vinegar instead
- 4 hot smoked trout fillets
- Boiled new potatoes and butter
Halve and deseed the cucumber and thinly slice into half moons. In a large bowl, toss the cucumber slices with fresh dill, caster sugar and rice wine vinegar.
Serve the salad with the trout fillets, broken into pieces, some hot buttered new potatoes with salt and pepper.